WarioWare: Snapped! Review
Guest Post By Jamie
What should the next review be?
Looks like the DSi Browser! It should be up by Monday 17th. Oh, I’ve already decided the review for the week after. FlipNote Studio.
Since Woof has betrayed the awesomeness that is Nintendo (I’ve only ever owned Nintendo Stuff: GBC, GBA, N64, GameCube, DSPhat, DSLite, Wii and DSi), someone needs to restore dignity to the web. So, for the next 6-7 Weeks, I’ll be reviewing 6 or 7 (That’s 1 a week, OMG) DSiWare games. Everything from WarioWare: Snapped! to Paper Plane Chase. If you’ve seen a DSiWare game somewhere, or you want to know more about one, comment on this – or any other – of my DSiWare review posts.
This first review is of WarioWare snapped. The game, like every other WarioWare game, has no particular purpose or storyline. It’s just a way to have fun. Which i can say this game does relatively well, keeping with the WarioWare family. It costs 500 Points on the DSiShop. That’s (At The Time of Posting) £3.50, $5.85 and €4.10. Considering you get 1,000 points for free, I’d definitely make this one of the games you get with those points.
Before you play this game, make sure you’re sat in front of a dull coloured wall, becauseof the way the camera works, if the wall is too bright or cluttered, it wont pick you up. <I don’t recommend playing outside, since
a) It doesn’t work
b) Your DSi Might get stolen
On the home screen, there are 6 Options
- Wario – I’d start off on this Roller-coaster. Basics are always good, and it’s probably the most fun.
- Mona – She has some fun games, but the end result isn’t quite as good. I’ll go into more detail on each Coster in a minute.
- Jimmy T – This is my favourite. Not for the games, but purely for the Comic-Strip at the end
- Kat & Ana – This is the multi player mode. Can’t say much about this one, since I haven’t played it yet.
- Help – This is more or less useless, since the game is self-explanatory
- Credits – The most awesome credits mini game ever – you control the roller-coaster and try to get as many points as possible. WOW
Now for a much more in-depth look. If you can’t be bothered to read this, then just walk away. Well, you can’t actually walk away. Just don’t click the More Link
ALL GAMES CHANGE ORDER. THE GAMES ON EACH COASTER STAY THE SAME THOUGH
Coaster 1: Wario
- Coin Grabber – Touch all the coins – This involves you moving about and grabbing the coin
- Touch 3 – Line ‘em up – Have your hands, arm, face, anything really, on all three bubbles at once
- Dry the dog – He’s wet. And needs drying – Shake your head and wave your hands to dry the dog off. Simple?
- Come Closer – Get close to the screen to see a surprise – You’ll zoom in the close you get. There’ll be a hole with something in it
- Pour The Water – Move your head from side to side to pour the water onto objects, ranging from fish to flowers
Coaster 2: Mona
- Kiss – Move your head from side to side to ‘Kiss’ people that appear
- Wear a Hat – Position your head underneath a hat to wear it. Can be VERY tricky, since you have to get it perfect
- Eat the Baguette – Open and close your mouth to ‘Eat’ the baguette. Simple.
- Wear Glasses – Position yourself the the googly eyes that appear go inside the glasses. This needs especially good lighting and background conditions.
- Fly Swat – Clap your hands to ‘Swat’ the fly
Coaster 3: Jimmy T
- Massage – Move your hands up and down to
- Wave – Typical waving, saying ‘Good-bye’ to someone
- Insert the Ring – Poke your finger straight up to put the ring on it. There’s also a variant of this where you do the same, except you pick a nose….
- Peek-a-boo – Do a typical ‘Peek-a-Boo’ action. I see you!
- Blow – Using the microphone, blow really hard. If you want to, just tap the microphone. Makes you look like less of an idiot I guess.
As I said, I can’t review the Twins one, since I haven’t played it. As soon as I have I’ll review it though.
Graphics: 7/10 – Decent graphics for a DS game, but nothing amazing
Gameplay: 8/10 – Inuitive, using the DSi Camera and Microphone
Fun Level: 10/10 – The most fun DSiWare out there. Easily
Play-a-bility: 4/10 – Only problem is, it gets very repetitive.
Overall: 7.25/10 – A good solid game. Hi-5 Nintendo and Intelligent Systems (They made the game).