Poptropica Halloween Event
I wasn’t planning on writing an extra post, but I guess I have to. Poptropica have released a special quest especially for Halloween.
Let me again complain about the ‘Limited Time Only’ idea that Poptropica has adopted.
To get to the Haunted House get into the nearest hot air balloon and click the new button in the lower left corner. You really can’t miss it.
You’ll then get transported to a graveyard. Or, rather, into a graveyard. You rise from a grave when you get there, which is pretty cool, except for the fact that you took a hot air balloon to get there…
Apart from that lapse in realism, it’s an alright quest. Better than most of the advertisement buildings. It’s kind of tricky, so here’s a guide:
- Climb to the top of the house, You’ll probably have seen a bat flying around with a key. At the top, it’s pretty easy to catch him and get the key.
- The key is used to open a padlock on the cellar entrance, which is to the left of the house. You’re Poptropican chickens out, but click it again to force him inside.
- Inside the basement there are a couple of spiders which hit you backwards if you touch off them. Go over to the floating pipes, and connect them all to fix the boiler. Jump on the steam coming out of it to be pushed upwards. Time it right and you’ll be able to grab that bottle of poison on the shelf. What a lovely thing to put in a children’s game…
- Go upstairs to where the two knight figures are standing. See the dude with the ice pick? Jump on his head to get it off him.
- Go back downstairs to the kitchen and open the fridge. Click on the ice inside to scrape some off with your handy ice pick.
- Now go back upstairs to the bedroom. The phone will tell you to make both the clocks on the mantlepiece chime 12 at the same time.
- Hover your mouse over one to make it go faster. Get both of them to hit 12 o’clock at the same time to complete the puzzle.
- Collect the lantern that falls down the chimney and go into the dining room across the hall. (Watch your head.)
- Click on the spider on the ground to frighten the painting a floor below. She’ll drop her broom. Go jump on top of it and fly up to the dining room again. There’s a hole in the roof leading to the attic. At the far side of the attic you’ll find a chest with yet another padlock.
- Another puzzle. The skull picture on the padlock gets mixed up and you need to fix it. Just remember the order and you’ll have no trouble. If you make a mess of it you can start over with the restart button.
- Grab the chalice that comes out and head back down to the cellar. Find a box of kerosene under the stairs and use it to light your lantern.
- Go back upstairs to the ground floor, and enter the sitting room. You’ll see a ghost cat. It will tell you to “bring the treasures to where the cherub cries”. The cherub is that crying angel you saw in the graveyard.
- Go back outside via the cellar entrance and head back over to the graveyard. To the right of the cherub you’ll see a freshly dug grave. Yes, you have to go into it.
- You end up in a musty old tomb. Go talk to the witch. She’ll thank you for bringing them light and the punch for the party. She’ll give you 50 credits to buy…. well, not a whole lot. If you have some leftover credits from another island you might be able to get a costume. I got a sea monster one.
Congratulations, you’re done! No medal, but the 50 credits is a pretty good reward. Better than stupid logo shirts that disappear, or some Costumizable clothes that eventually get overwritten by quest items or cooler stuff.
Whenever you’re finished Costumizing the guests’ clothes and bouncing the balloons around head back outside. (You can’t drink any of the pirate juice though, because i’s not meant for the “living”.) When you want to go somewhere else head back over to the grave you came out of at the start to bring up the map.
My other character dressed for Halloween.
Don’t bother clicking, he’s meant to be that small. 😉
The bat with the key.
In other news:
- I haven’t had this section on a post in ages.
- What are you doing for Halloween? I’m not going trick-or-treating. (I’ll buy my own damn sweets, thank you very much.) I think I’ll stay at home and watch a scary movie. Any suggestions for what I should watch?
That’s all for now! I’m hoping to have another post before the end of the week. Also have a look at my Chicken Smoothie Halloween post if you haven’t already.
Entry filed under: All, Poptropica. Tags: bat, broom, cat, graves, graveyard, guide, Halloween, haunted house, ice, KABOOM, legoless, lulz, muffins :3, party, pirate juice, poison, quest, scary, scary movies, The Ghoul's Gala, trick-or-treat, witch.